CANON PARTNERS WITH McAfee® to help protect your office device from unknown threats.
Our partners Canon are focused on addressing the evolving security risks associated with today’s office printers. PrintSync’s range of Canon photocopiers including the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Multifunction Devices have progressed to offer wide-ranging scan and send capabilities, cloud-based functions, and network integration. With confidential data moving from desktops to mobile devices to multifunction devices, Canon understands the need to take extra measures to help provide its customers with a secure experience.
With printer systems being connected to a company network, they become a potential target for hackers attempting to gain access to the network and company data. With this in mind, Canon conducted research and defined detailed requirements with the goal of implementing a secure solution against this threat.
With McAfee® as its security partner, Customers feel more confident that the Canon photocopiers * they use every day are protected against malicious threats. This new functionality is just the latest addition to the extensive set of security features incorporated into the range of imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFDs. This helps to secure the device and communications as well as provide the capability to efficiently manage security policies and monitor activity.
- Help protect Canon photocopiers from zero-day and advanced threats
- Help customers avoid breaches and secure confidential data
- Help guard against malware introduced through unapproved applications
- Help prevent unauthorised changes to printer systems
- Help with customer’s compliance requirements
McAfee Embedded Control
Comprehensive, Intelligent Application Whitelisting from McAfee®.
McAfee Embedded Control, which already protects over three million devices such as ATMs, blocks the execution of unauthorised applications like malware through intelligent whitelisting. Canon selected McAfee® because of the strength of its brand, its broad-based market experience, its proven reliability in embedded security, and its high levels of end user satisfaction.
- Provides Canon customers with a more secure solution
- Helps protect against zero-day and advanced persistent threats (APTs) through intelligent, real-time application whitelisting
- Helps limit data loss by blocking unauthorised or potentially malicious applications
- Helps protect the integrity of the printer system
- Helps address regional and global compliance mandates
To learn more about how we can help with your document and data security, contact your local PrintSync branch.
*Included as standard on all imageRUNNER ADVANCE Gen III Series III multifunction devices. Requires Unified Firmware Platform v3.9.